Thursday, August 22, 2019

Show Me the Way To Go Home

Tokyo-Atlanta
August 14, 2019

As I write this I’m sitting at a table overlooking the runways of Narita Airport outside (way outside) of Tokyo. As per usual, all passengers leaving the ship are off by 9 or 9:30. It’s 62 miles from the dock to the airport, about 1-1/2 hours. By the time we got there, got checked in, went through security and immigration it was nearly noon. Our flight isn’t until 4:30 this afternoon so we have plenty of dawdle time. The Delta Sky Lounge food is, surprise, surprise, Japanese which I’ve discovered I don’t really like. I’m sorely tempted to blow my remaining Yen at the McDonald’s downstairs.


It’s been a good trip, but we’re ready to get home to our one floor, no stairs apartment. Which is also a no maid, no cook, no laundress apartment. Jim is already planning to head down to Florida asap but I’m sure it’ll take me a good week or two to catch up on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment