Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Can you help us?

Sometimes I forget how polite people usually are in the South. We got to O'Hare about 9:30 this morning (a short walk from the Hilton where the staff WAS polite and a half!) and proceeded to check in for our United flight. We were directed to a kiosk where we were to swipe our passports then hand over our luggage to a random worker hovering in the area. Well, the last time I swiped and handed over I went to Paris and my luggage went to Chicago for four days. Soooooo Jim asked a United employee standing at the kiosks, "Can you help us?" United employee: "No." And wasn't that a nice start to a very long day. Time to play the old and confused card until another United person did take pity and checked us in, tagged our luggage and sent us to security which has the old school walk through the gate scanner instead of those 360 degree "I see London, I see France. I can see your underpants" things at ATL. They also have about a third of the TSA gates and half of the personnel as ATL. We met about half of our group last night. If you're retired and living in Florida, please raise your hand. They seem pretty lively (of course it was ony 7 pm) and Matt, our guide, worked at Disneyworld for 12 years so is ever so cheerful. We got separated from the group going through security but since we'll be together for two weeks, a two hour break couldn't hurt. We're now chilling in the United Lounge right next to our departure gate until it's time to board. I can look out the wall of glass and see our plane. I'm hoping the flight attendants are polite. Happy Birthday, Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment